2024 USBG National Cocktail Competition Application Open
The USBG is excited to partner with Bar & Restaurant Expo to bring back the Shake It Up Cocktail Competition, the USBG National Cocktail Competition which identifies our Classic Champions for IBA Global Competitions.
The competition will take place on the NxT Stage in the Expo Hall during Bar & Restaurant Expo, March 18-20, 2024.
Please review the Terms and Conditions and enter your application for consideration to represent the USBG and compete alongside bartenders from across the globe at the IBA World Cocktail Championship (the "WCC") or the Pan-American Cocktail Championship! As a member of the IBA (International Bartenders Association), the USBG can send one classic competitor to these competitions.
- The USBG National Champion advances to the IBA World Cocktail Championship, Portugal, Fall 2024
- The Runner-Up advances to the Pan-American Cocktail Championship, Location TBD, Fall 2024
Click Here to learn more about the National Cocktail Competition.
- September 26 – November 28: Application Open
- November 28: Application Due to include One (1) original cocktail recipe and one (1) recorded digital video demonstration/1-minute inspiration story
- November 29 – December 15: Application Evaluation
- December 19 (on or before): Top 5 Announcement
Entrants will be required to complete the application by providing certain information, such as name, address, contact information, one (1) original cocktail recipe and one (1) recorded digital video demonstration/1-minute inspiration story via the application link.
Guidelines for original cocktail recipes:
- Homemade ingredients and syrups are not allowed
- The maximum number of alcoholic and non-alcoholic ingredients in the recipe shall be limited to seven (7) including dashes, drops, and rimmed glassware
- Garnishes must be edible and can be placed on the rim of glass. Garnishes in the glass or touching the liquid will be considered an ingredient if it affects the flavor of the drink, i.e., salted rim
- Drinks may be stirred, shaken, built, or thrown
- Recipe shall not include blended or hot beverages (coffee, tea, etc.)
- Due to permitting restrictions, use of open flame is prohibited. Matches are not considered “open flame.” Flaming garnishes will be allowed
- Drink names including rude, lurid, sexual words or words associated with narcotics or motor vehicles, are prohibited
- Recipes will be scored equally on craft, flavor, and creativity
- USBG reserves the right to ensure/modify cocktail name and ingredients to comply with Program terms
- USBG reserves the right to feature the cocktail recipe, in whole or part, in any and all USBG-owned properties, without attribution or compensation
Two panels of judges will review each submission with the recipe portion being evaluated anonymously. The scores will be combined, and the Top 5 highest-scoring entrants will advance to the Shake It Up Cocktail Competition National Finals in Las Vegas on Wednesday, March 20, 2024.
Entrants who have been selected to proceed to the National Final will be notified on or around December 19, 2023. Please submit your application before 11:59 PM PST on Tuesday, November 28!
Please reach out to Tiffany Soles at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.