FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 22, 2020
UNITED STATES BARTENDERS’ GUILD MEMBERS AND BOARD ALUMNI WIN BIG AT TALES OF THE COCKTAIL
Robin Nance, Café La Trova, Silver Lyan, The Silver Dollar, The Spare Room among Spirited Award winners
HENDERSON, NV (SEPTEMBER 22, 2020) - The United States Bartenders’ Guild (USBG) announces today that its members and alumni of chapter leadership are among the winners named in the first round of the 2020 Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Awards.
- Robin Nance, a USBG member and the liaison between the Guild and Platinum Partner Beam Suntory, won for Best American Brand Ambassador presented by Tales of the Cocktail Foundation.
- Café La Trova, which boasts several members of the USBG’s Miami chapter, was named Best American Bar Team presented by William Grant & Sons.
- Silver Lyan, staffed by multiple USBG Washington, D.C. chapter members, took home the Spirited Award for Best New American Cocktail Bar presented by Elijah Craig.
- The Silver Dollar, home to Kentucky chapter president Susie Hoyt, won for Best American Restaurant Bar presented by Woodford Reserve.
- The Spare Room at the Hollywood Roosevelt, helmed by Bar Director Yael Vengroff, a former USBG Los Angeles chapter officer and World Class national finalist, was named Best American Hotel Bar presented by Diageo Bar Academy.
- Pacific Cocktail Haven, operated by former San Francisco chapter officer Kevin Diedrich, won for Best American Cocktail Bar presented by Pernod Ricard.
Said USBG Executive Director Aaron Gregory Smith, “In a year for our industry unlike any other in history, we congratulate all the winners and feel a tremendous sense of pride to be associated with some of the best bars in the US. We look forward to our next visits and in-person congratulatory toasts.”
He continued, “Robin in particular is an extraordinary ally to the Guild. She has been instrumental in our efforts to curtail sexual harassment in the industry and in advocating for individuals who may be struggling with mental health issues, trauma, or surviving abuse.”
The Raise a Glass: 2020 Spirited Awards Preshow will be hosted on September 24 at 3 p.m. Central, featuring live interviews with nominees and winners from Ian Burrell and Lynnette Marrero and the awards presentation will begin at 4 p.m. Central. For more information, visit www.talesofthecocktail.org.
Tune into the USBG’s Instagram Live “Weekly” @usbg on Wednesday, September 23 at noon Pacific/3 p.m. Eastern.
Follow the USBG through multiple social media channels: IG/FB/TWITTER: @usbg/@TheUSBG/@TheUSBG.
About the United States Bartenders’ Guild
Founded in 1948, the United States Bartenders’ Guild®️ is a non-profit professional society of bartenders and other hospitality professionals uniting the hospitality community to advance professional bartending. The USBG believes that every U.S. bartender achieves greater personal and professional success by connecting to diverse local and national hospitality communities. Through our network of over 40 communities nationwide, the USBG connects members with peer-to-peer learning, expert instruction, community service projects, and skills-based competition. Learn more at www.usbg.org.
Emblem Public Relations