As a member of the United States Bartenders' Guild, I will:
- Understand, support, and promote the Vision and Mission of the United States Bartenders’ Guild.
- Whenever reasonably possible, participate in the functions and activities of my local chapter.
- Conduct myself with honesty, integrity and fairness.
- Refrain from publicly disparaging the business practices of fellow members and refrain from condoning or engaging in misrepresentation or unethical practices.
- Strive to comply with all applicable laws and regulations concerning my trade, including local, state, and federal statutes that promote public health and safety.
- Not engage in sexual harassment, disrespectful or abusive behavior in connection with professional duties
- Conduct business and make employment decisions in a fair and ethical manner, respecting the dignity and rights of clients, customers, vendors, associates, and peers regardless of race, creed, religion, gender, height/weight, physical disability, or sexual orientation. Not harm others by knowingly making false statements about a colleague or professional peer.
- Show professional respect for all who work with or in supervision of myself. Strive to provide objective evaluations of performance for employees and coworkers, apprentices, students, professional association members, and/or peers and toavoid bias in any kind of professional evaluation of others.
- Be alert to situations that might cause a conflict of interest or have the appearance of a conflict and provide full disclosure when a real or potential conflict of interest arises.
- Not knowingly misappropriate, divert or use monies, personnel, property, or equipment belonging to others for personal gain or advantage.
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of the United States Bartenders’ Guild, and represent the Guild accordingly.
- Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honorably upon the Guild.
- Collaborate with others to create a work environment that minimizes risk to the personal health and safety of our colleagues.
- Not engage in substance abuse that could adversely affect my job performance or endanger co-workers.
- Support the efforts of other bartenders to learn new and innovative techniques and improve my knowledge and skills.
- Accurately represent my professional training and qualifications and not knowingly permit, aid, abet or suffer the misstatement of my training and qualifications by others.
If you, or someone you know, is healing from interpersonal violence or abuse, please consider reviewing these resources that may be able to help: http://usbg.org/page/mental-health-crisis-and-survivor-resources