Don't delay! Entries for The USBG Cocktail Classique competition program sponsored by Lucid Absinthe Supérieure are due April 16 at 11:59 PM Pacific - apply here.
The USBG and Lucid Absinthe Supérieure are pleased to present the 2019 Cocktail Classique program. What was once a core ingredient in most classic cocktails, absinthe was banned in the United States for 95 years. That ban was repealed in 2007, and Lucid Absinthe became the first authentic absinthe to be legally available in the U.S. The Cocktail Classique program celebrates the flavor, aroma, and herbal qualities of this classic cocktail ingredient by challenging bartenders to create original absinthe cocktail recipes.
- Applications will be accepted March 5 through April 16, 2019, at 11:59 PM Pacific.
- Applications will be evaluated and scored by three USBG judges through an anonymous evaluation process.
- Applicants must be working bartenders (30+ hours per week).
- Two live semi-final competitions are planned. Applicants will be accepted from all over the U.S. and will select which semi-final city is closest to them. The top 15 recipes for each semi-final will be evaluated anonymously by judges from Lucid Absinthe and the USBG. From there, the top 10 recipes and applicants from each of two regions (20 total) will qualify to compete in a live semi-final.
- Semi-final competitions will take place in Houston, TX, on June 17, 2019 and Portland, OR, on July 29, 2019 – venue TBA.
- All contestants attending a Semi-final or Final will receive a stipend of $100 to cover ingredients and expenses. Receipts are required for reimbursement. Competitors will be required to cover expenses beyond the stipend.
- A Fan Favorite Cocktail at each Semi-final will be selected by attending guests and will receive a non-cash prize.
- The top three finalists from each region (six total) will advance to compete at a live cocktail competition in New Orleans, LA, in September – exact date/venue TBA. Finalist travel expenses will be covered.
- The winner of the final competition will earn an all-expense paid educational trip to the Combier Distillery in Loire Valley, France.
2018 Lucid Cocktail Classique from Lucid Absinthe Supérieure
Submit applications HERE no later than April 16, 2019, at 11:59 PM Pacific. Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
Read more information about Lucid Absinthe.