USBG Values Statement
The United States Bartenders’ Guild (or the “USBG” or the “Guild”) is committed to creating a welcoming, safe, rewarding, and collaborative environment free from harassment, discrimination, intimidation, and retaliation.
All people who participate in USBG online and in-person activities - including educational events, meetings, and social gatherings - must conduct themselves in accordance with the Guild’s values while contributing to a culture of hospitality.
As a member of the United States Bartenders' Guild, I will:
• Conduct myself with honesty, integrity and fairness.
• Understand, support, promote, and represent the Values, Vision, and Mission of the United States Bartenders’ Guild.
• Respect the dignity and rights of others regardless of social and occupational identity including race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, creed, gender identity, immigration status, mental and physical ability, sexual orientation, and veteran status.
• Whether in-person or online, refrain from engaging in misrepresentation and unethical practices such as discrimination, malicious and/or hateful speech; and from publicly disparaging or harassing fellow members.
• Be alert to situations that might cause a conflict of interest or have the appearance of a conflict of interest and provide full disclosure when a real or potential conflict of interest arises.
• Not knowingly misappropriate, divert or use chapter resources for personal gain or advantage.
• Understand the harm that substance abuse can cause to myself and my community and be willing to accept help if my substance use appears to be impacting my own health or the well-being of others.
• Advocate for workplace and USBG policies that increase safety and prevent harassment, discrimination, intimidation, and retaliation.
• Enthusiastically support, promote, and engage in contemporary best practices within the beverage industry.
Membership and its privileges may be temporarily suspended or permanently revoked for violation of this Code of Conduct in accordance with the USBG Bylaws.
If you feel that you have been subjected to or observed conduct which violates this Policy, you are urged to report the relevant facts immediately following the alleged incident. Every report of misconduct will be investigated, and remedial action will be taken where appropriate.
Direct such reports to any of the following:
• the chair of the activity or local USBG representative
• the designated national volunteer - National Board Chair - board (at) usbg (dot) org
• the designated staff liaison to the National Resolution Committee - resolutions (at) usbg (dot) org
• the Report a Concern option on the USBG Contact Us
Adopted December 2020